"Giant Baseball Club "
1. Giant Baseball Club believes in protecting the personal information it collects from individuals that access or use the website.
4. Giant Baseball Club will take all reasonable steps to use or disclose users' personal information only in the manner allowed by this policy.
5. In clauses 14, 15 and 22 Giant Baseball Club includes companies in Giant Baseball Club .
6. Personal information refers to all private information about an identifiable individual, such as a user's name, contact details, identity number, income levels, age, personal views and preferences.
Active collection of personal information
7. The Giant Baseball Club website actively collects personal information from users by asking users specific questions and by permitting users to communicate directly with Giant Baseball Club , for example via e-mail, feedback forms, forums and/or chat rooms.
8. Some areas of this site may also require the user to submit information in order for the user to register for certain services or benefit from specified features (for example newsletter subscriptions) or to participate in a particular activity (such as competitions or other promotions, an example being the "Log In" function) (collectively referred to as the "value added services").
9. In these situations, Giant Baseball Club will ask the user for particular information, and inform the user at each information point what information is required and what information is optional.
Passive collection of personal information
10. Giant Baseball Club passively collects (i.e. without the user actively providing the information) personal information about a user as the user accesses and navigates through the Giant Baseball Club website using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection and cookies.
11. A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which Giant Baseball Club ’s computer system transfers to a user's hard drive through the user's web browser when the user visits the Giant Baseball Club website. It enables Giant Baseball Club 's system to recognise the user when the user visits the Giant Baseball Club website again and to improve our service to the user.
12. This enables Giant Baseball Club to diagnose problems with its server, report and aggregate information, determine the fastest route for a user's computer to use in connecting with the Giant Baseball Club website, and better administer and improve the site. It also enables Giant Baseball Club to compile aggregate information about users' access to and use of the Giant Baseball Club website. This information can be used to enhance the content of the Giant Baseball Club website and make it more user-friendly.
Consent to collection, use and storage of user's personal information
14. The user agrees that Giant Baseball Club may collect, use and store the user's personal information
14.1 to establish and verify a user's identity;
14.2 to maintain and update Giant Baseball Club 's customer, or potential customer, databases;
14.3 to greet the user when he/she accesses the website;
14.4 to provide the user with value added services;
14.5 to communicate with the user;
14.6 to customise the Giant Baseball Club website to users' preferences;
14.7 to inform the user of facts relating to his/her access to and use of the Giant Baseball Club website;
14.8 to improve the content of the Giant Baseball Club website or any of the services provided by alphapower.co.za;
14.9 to inform the user about Giant Baseball Club services, including information of particular relevance to that user;
14.10 to inform the user about competitions, promotions and special offers from Giant Baseball Club and/or its affiliate programmes;
14.11 for marketing, product research and development purposes of Giant Baseball Club ;
14.12 to provide the user with targeted advertising when he/she accesses the product; and
14.13 to compile, use, disclose and trade with, non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns, user preferences and access to the Giant Baseball Club website. Disclosure of user's personal information
15. Giant Baseball Club will not disclose, for commercial gain or otherwise, users' personal information other than as set out in this policy.
16. The user agrees that Giant Baseball Club may disclose the user's personal information
16.1 to Giant Baseball Club 's affiliates;
16.2 to third parties contracted or employed by Giant Baseball Club to provide services for or to Giant Baseball Club , including for example, website hosting and development, technical support, financial services such as processing of credit card or other payments, delivery services, and other support services. These companies require access to users' personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes and Giant Baseball Club will take all reasonable steps to enter into confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements with the relevant service providers;
16.3 to any third party who acquires all, or substantially all, of the assets or shares in Giant Baseball Club , any of Giant Baseball Club 's affiliates, and/or the Giant Baseball Club website, whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise;
16.4 to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if Giant Baseball Club is required to do so by law or if Giant Baseball Club believes that such action is necessary to -
16.4.1 comply with the law or with any legal process;
16.4.2 protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Giant Baseball Club , its affiliates or their customers;
16.4.3 prevent or deal with fraud or the abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of the Giant Baseball Club website; and/or
16.4.4 protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if a user provides false or deceptive information about him/herself or misrepresents him/herself as being someone else, Giant Baseball Club will proactively disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities).
17. The user agrees that Giant Baseball Club may not disclose the subscriber's name, postal address, physical address, age and income levels to third parties who wish to send the subscriber commercial mail.
18. The user agrees that Giant Baseball Club may use the user's personal information to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may freely trade with such profiles and statistical data, provided that the profiles or statistical data cannot be linked to the user by a third party.
Accuracy of personal information
19. In order to ensure that a user's personal information is accurate, current, and complete, the user may contact the administrator
20. Giant Baseball Club will take reasonable steps to correct or update such information.
21. Giant Baseball Club reserves the right to charge the user a fee to cover Giant Baseball Club 's expenses in this regard.
22. Should a user not wish to receive electronic communications from Giant Baseball Club , the user may unsubscribe from such communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in the communication section.
23. Giant Baseball Club takes reasonable steps to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems with reference to accepted technological standards -
23.1 to ensure the accuracy of;
23.2 to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of;
23.3 to protect from misuse, loss, alteration or destruction
users' personal information.
24. However, the user acknowledges that that Internet communications and transactions are not 100% secure or error free. In particular, information may not be secure in transit from the user to the Giant Baseball Club website.
25. Moreover, where the user provides particularly sensitive personal information such as passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is the user's responsibility to safeguard them.
Linking to third party websites
26. Giant Baseball Club is not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites to which there may be links on the Giant Baseball Club website.
28. The Giant Baseball Club website is not targeted at children under the age of sixteen and Giant Baseball Club will not knowingly collect information from users in this age group.
29. We encourage parents to talk to their children about the use of the Internet and information they disclose to websites.
Queries and complaints